Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Fantasies of Fair and Ethical treatment

 the hardest and most frustrating part... the isolation and ostracizing one feels when one has been through things similar to mine (things like mania, TBI, malpractice, and mistreatment from a psychologist)...

It is lonely. 

And also immensely frustrating because you are a victim but there is nothing you can do and nobody who can change things to stop the victimizing of you and others is listening. 

Very likely part of why they are not listening are the exact same reasons you are the prime target for victimization which then keeps you repressed, voiceless and powerless...

My heart aches for the victims of child abuse and neglect, and victims of rape, sexual assault and domestic violence. It brings tears to my eyes knowing how hopeless their plight must feel and in reality be, when mine, so obvious and from those that things like this should never happen with and that supposedly have many systems in place to protect me, has been completely disregarded and impossible to find help or even justice for. 

Money talks and victims don't usually have enough of that... at least not enough to stand up to their perpetrators. And mine, IHC, I definitely don't have the resources to fight. 

"I believe people are fundamentally fair," says Glen Beck who happens to be on the radio when I get into the car.

After seeing what I have and experiencing what I have, after how family and friends have handled and treated me, I beg to differ. It is easy to believe that people are fundamentally fair when you have money, power, and prestige. You will feel an innate drive to believe that just to justify your own hypocrisies of your unfair treatment of others, like your employees who work just as hard, and often much harder, but make less than a tenth of what you do. Is that fair? By the most basic definitions of fair the answer is no, but your money and power will justify your delusions of what is fair and equitable payment.

IHC will justify their delusions of fair and ethical treatment. 

Anyway... Sad and angry as I learn more and understand better, and as I still know the reality of the impossible tasks of competing for fair and ethical treatment... 

People are not fundamentally fair, they are fundamentally self-centered and delusional about their fairness and it seem to me the more power, influence, and money one has the more self-centered and delusional  they are about their own fairness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment