Search This Blog

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Trying to make sense of reality when reality is insane

Dr. She has been so immensely helpful. I keep thinking I need to cut back. I fear the attachment. But every time I see her she helps me so very much with her knowledge. She really understands the physiology and psychology of what is going on with me and her explanations and clarifications are so very helpful.
She is especially helpful at helping me piece together reality.
Sometimes I think I am farther along in this process than I really am. It is very hard for me to accept the harsh realities that are completely insane but are not my insanity. It is also very hard because, as Dr. She pointed out, many of my interpretations were skewed by the manic lens I was looking through.
For example the possibility of Dr. P being a grooming psychologist weighs heavy on my conscience because if he is, he is so sly and cunning he is doing it in a way that would get his patients to be the instigators and then, using implied feelings and the patients vulnerabilities, he'll manipulate them to protect himself. He would be the type of master manipulator that would have everyone eating out the palm of his hand while believing the victim was the one to blame. Even the victims would blame themselves.
I try to explain the evidence that suggests this possibility to Dr. She. She thinks I credit Dr. P, and maybe people in general, with too much intelligence. This is a place where she reminds me I was seeing and trying to solve through that manic lens.
I consider her points and I explain more. I tell her I am trying to understand if this is a real possibility or if it is an error in my thinking that needs to be corrected.
We were not able to process all that has replayed in my head for far too long, fed, when I said, by the stupidity of the institute that I loved and trusted, that I was trying to piece together my very broken reality -while still very broken and being treated as a liability rather than a patient. I want to correct the errors in my thinking. I wanted to then. I wanted to understand reality and I needed to be treated for the conditions that were breaking me from it, so now it should not be terribly surprising that the processing is still going on.
So even though Dr. She seems to think the grooming scenario is highly unlikely the verdict is still out. Though there is some some lighting of the burden knowing she thinks it is highly unlikely,
I am not entirely convinced that Dr. P was not grooming and here are the reasons why:
1. because of how I broke and how it effected me and my husband after
2. because he manipulated me to protect himself
3. because of how he worked to keep people from talking to me
4. because the implied feelings of countertransference where complete lies or words carefully said so that I could be easily manipulated later and said in such a way that no matter how I interpreted his implied feelings and carefully worded phrases I could be accused of twisting his words and intentions.
And it is obvious they were lies because of how I was handled and treated and because of the false allegations made against me and how he has used everything he can against me and continued with the perpetuation of harm, even when I was clearly not looking to harm him (if I had been I would have told the patient advocate all things that would have been incriminating from the beginning and I would have had no problem talking to Dr. Concussion about what happened and I would not have done many other stupid things I did because I needed to figure out was going on with my head but I did not want him to get in trouble for it- like my statement of "I am not sure what it looks like yet but I know I need to stand up for myself" and my unwillingness to confide in Office director all that he has said. And I would not have tried to follow there rules that I neither knew or understood).
5. Because I was definitely set up by the Patient Experiences -that is painfully real and disturbing. It is not so subtle that the insanity was coming from their side when I was accused of harassment for unwanted contact even though in the last conversation I had with the patient advocate she invited me to reach out to her if I ever needed to talk and nothing contrary was EVER said.
6. As my sister pointed out, some of the bullshit he fed me is right out of "the players handbook"
7. The cover up, the pushing me out, and exiling of me being the only option the Neuroscience Institute was open to
8. He tried to make me out to be a stalker which was also either an epiphany or suggestion he was giving in one of my last conversations with him
9. because he acknowledged that he broke me but then dismissed and denied it.
10. Dr. Concussion  would talk to me and the conversation would go one way and then she would talk to him and she would then treat a completely different way, basically not at all. It was like she was playing games with me
11. Dr. Concussion acknowledged that "we need to get you stable" but then after talking to Dr. P she avoided treating, prescribing, and simply gave me two names of people to call and then in my medical records she reported inaccurately what I had said about suicidal thoughts and her conversation with Dr. P was reported in a way that made it sound as though I was stalking
12. The kind of game playing and manipulations, the way I was treated by office staff, and the fact that Dr. P was not even being willing to apologize made absolutely no sense to my rational side but plenty to the manic cycling side and makes even less sense and are becomes infuriating the more rational, stable, and normal I become.
13. On paper I was the prime target
14. because he and/or they have and/or are actually trying to criminalize me for this whole deal and are using false allegations to do so
15. because of the multiple times of negligence, malpractice, and even reckless endangerment -these things just do not make sense to me but it does make some sense if he was/is a groomer trying to keep his doings hidden
16. He obviously did not have any authentic feelings for me but their were sexual references and suggestions (my traumatized childhood reliving ptsd mind picked up on them but did not quite understand until my manic broken mind became hyper sexual). Playing with fire, flittering with disaster, maybe.
But maybe he dumped me when he did because he realized I was not going to play that way, or he thought his grooming was not working on me. But it actually was, just not how he anticipated, that is why I broke... and sent emails that alerted, therefore there was no going back.
It is a possibility, but Dr. She thinks it highly unlikely because she thinks if he had been grooming he would have known he had me right where he wanted me and he would have succeeded in achieving his desired sexual outcome.
I try to tell her I would not have succumbed; that is the thing about me, If any broken vulnerable soul can beat or catch a grooming psychologist in his game, I assure you it is me. Maybe a bit naive, but playful while solid in my rancher style boundaries and values, I will not simply give in to suggestions of sexuality, and if too bold I would shut it down so fast and so bold even a narcissist would blush with insecurity.
I had told Dr. She that, at one point in my emotional manic mess, I confessed to my poor husband that if Dr. P were to ask me to I'd leave my husband for him. For this reason Dr. She thinks he had me and I would have lost the game. This may be a common misconception and over the years I have learned that in sexuality, many people work very different than me, and though what I said to my husband at that manic moment I meant, for me leaving does not equate to sex, it equates to exploring possibilities that could not be ignored due to the intensity of my feelings AND because even in my manic mess, I knew that reality is the quickest way to kill fantasy and that exploring that possibility outside of that environment, -where, btw, I was holding boundaries better than my therapist- I would know or be able to discern better what the reality was.
Even manic, I am still intelligent and can hold boundaries, that was the fantastic feet that I AM proud of myself for and the most wrong about me that they, the Neuroscience Institute, are while at the same time the very trait they could benefit most from by working WITH me if they could get themselves and their egos out of their way.
...I suppose it is possible I am incorrect in that leaving would not lead to sex had it been a grooming thing... because the mania did, in fact, hyper that drive, and he obviously had some significant power over me...
but alas
He never asked so we will never know and we will never know if he would have asked had I not broken so big and scared him away from his target by possibly alerting his place of employment with my manic emails that were meant to not be missed.
Who knows?
All we really know is that obviously something was very wrong about this situation and how was being handled.
and my being blamed and shamed for it are reason 17 that I am not totally convinced that he was not diabolical in his motives.
I think I have said quite enough for today
and its time to put my tired head away.

No comments:

Post a Comment