Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Bipolar blood

Blood draw today.
The girl has me poked and needle in as soon as I sit down. I am kind of glad for this because I really don't like needles.
It was a bit of a problem in my younger years. My heart rate would shoot way up and I'd have some sort of panic attack. I wonder if this was a form of PTSD because the fear and anxiety did not start until after the 1st TBI and the hospital stay. As a kid, of course I did not like getting shots but reactions like that did not happen. Needles did not scare me when I was little.
Regardless I have learned to manage. I usually use a form of meditation through it. But this lovely young lady had the needle in so fast I didn't even have time to worry about it.
So I was happy she was so quick.
But
The funny part was on the 5th or 6th vile; she makes a comment about how the blood is flowing.
I ask if it is slowing.
She says it is weird because it is like nothing is coming then suddenly it is fast.
I tell her is must be the bipolar in my blood.
And I am glad she finds my joke funny too.
Because I really don't like to offer up that kind of info so easily


No comments:

Post a Comment