Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2020

Inception - A Movie Review

A little while back my daughter wanted me to watch the movie  Inception with her. It’s been awhile and I’d forgotten that I had seen it before.
It’s an interesting concept; breaking into people’s brains to retrieve memories and information. There is a lot I could say about the movie but I’m going to keep this short.
My favorite observation about this move is how they plant the idea and convince the audience that the inception of ideas that can lead to desired outcomes (or different outcomes) is difficult. The creators of this move flatter their audiences into believing that humans are not so easily swayed and manipulated, which then makes their influence that much more powerful while being less detectable.
It’s very fascinating to me how easily influenced and deceived people are all the while believing that it’s their own unique thoughts, or that their perception is entirely their own and cannot be not easily changes.
From what I’ve observed it seems, if people are not aware of how fallible their thoughts and brains can be than their brains are much more easily influenced by others. And more often than not they are easily influenced by people who are looking to gain some form of power or control. Or money.
Inception is Hollywood’s super power.
And lawyers. They are very good at influencing people through the inception of ideas that greatly benefit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment