Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2019

He Said What?

I published this...then took it down... does it need to come out? does it need to be said? If I keep it inside me, I am judging and I am playing into whatever trap was set, I am agreeing to be the sacrificial lamb, when I disagree with the tradition of sacrifices to gods... so I suppose I'll publish it again

I hate when I figure out what I wish was not true.
He is so good.
He manipulated and played on my vulnerabilities. He played on the very transference that had me learning to love myself through loving him. He reflected back to me what I had projected in order to manipulate me to protect him.
Because I caught on to him, even though I had not, at least not entirely.
I had not behaved appropriately to his tests. His dabbling in the dark arts.
As of January 8th, he claims I had made multiple attempts to contact him.
When?
The last time I had tried to contact him had been an appointment that I had scheduled on Monday, December 3rd. It was scheduled. I had called the Friday before to get a referral for the speech therapy he had recommended but that I had to have a referral for, his office thought I was still on the schedule for the coming Monday. Since I was struggling to find a therapist and knew I could not keep functioning the way I was when I needed to get to Italy, I asked if I could get it back. I could admit I was wrong and that I had still needed him to be my therapist. That was the last time I had contacted him. It was a scheduled appointment, but somehow they now have no record of it.
After that I think I sent a thank you note/card. I don't really remember what I said in it. I think I probably told him to make sure he charged accurately because he was worth his weight in gold. He had been giving me a reduced rate, Just to be nice.
The thing is I had sent one to the PA at my family practice also who had seen me and addressed the symptoms he had ignored. I had forgotten that one until she thanked me for it later.
From then to January 8th, I do not know what he is referring to. I set an appointment to follow up with the concussion doctor when I got back, I needed to anyway and I figured she'd understand better what was going on with my head and if it could be related to the TBI, plus "you will have to morn that loss" was not really a good answer to my questions and concerns about returning to being a teacher. I don't remember if I had; but had I asked to talk to him when I set that appointment? That is a possibility, but still this is far from "multiple."
What is he counting? This blog?
He would have to come here himself and he said he was letting me burn out. He said he would have nothing to do with me. I know he would have stopped reading very early on if he had ever even looked at it all. I write for me. To process for me. Yes, I put it out there but I do not think this can count since he would have to make the effort to come on here.
I had asked my lawyer to call him, because he had missed the mania and I was concerned about that. I was concerned it is TBI related and it would cause me bigger problems (which it has) in settling with insurance, in getting a job, in life. But my lawyer never called. He did not want it to get messy, he did not think it wise to be involved and have say in my diagnosis or prognosis. Not ethical really, I get it now, but then I thought he did not want to help me solve what I had been told not to solve but needed to [because it is my head and my life], my bigger problems being missed...or my head that was being played with.
I am now cycling again, what I have already cycled through so many times.
I am so angry that he toyed with me and then set things up from the get go to cause damage to me to protect his ass. He even set me up carefully to distrust the whole facility. He manipulated me to distrust speaking up or speaking out to them about any of it. He had me believing they would hurt him if I did. They were the bad guys that might fire him if I tried to solve this, if I tried to understand... and his life is complex, he has had struggles and they would cause him harm if they knew what he might be feeling. And he even worded things just so, so that I would be twisting his words, no matter how I interpreted them, no matter how I relayed them. He was so careful.
I am not who he thinks I am or he enjoys inflicting pain. He has told me he does not care about suffering if it is not close to home.
Yet, I am surprised and shocked that this man, who seemed to genuinely care, was so tender about his kids, and soothing and calming,  is simply a master manipulator and maybe a narcissist. I have been such a fool, giving him the benefit of the doubt again and again, believing he is really truly good at heart but just broken and vulnerable himself.
It is so sad to me.
And he has made a fool of me - really - like what the hell, you bizarre pathetic girl kind of fool? Poor patient advocate (who may just be a tool too) to have to read through all my garbled mess.
But you know what, I will be the fool. I  think I am okay with that. At least I really know that the good person I saw and genuinely cared for was me, even if he was a carefully calculating those intentional reflections, of the me that I had projected, in order to manipulate me.
I am still ahead of your game
and maybe I am wrong, right now, maybe he is just a scared little boy that is behaving stupidly to save his ass and nothing more because I am far more than he can handle and he is terrified of me. I suppose that is a possibility too... but I doubt it. He is far too good. He is far too intelligent. And he is far too professional.
... I bet he has or will yet try that manipulation.
"I will never have any kind of relationship with you outside of here (therapy) because, you being an attractive woman and how easily we have connected, I could see myself falling in love with you."
"You love me?"
"I am a snake?"
"Do you want a hug?"
"If opened up to you and allowed myself to be vulnerable with you...then I could not bear you leaving"
"What we have had is a beautiful ...and I do not want to fuck that up"
"so we can agree to a clean break"
"I have tested your brain in ways you do not know"
"Unfortunately there is still a human element to all this"
"I am not meant to be with just one woman"
"I am good at connecting with people"
"Don't try to solve this"
"I told you not to try and solve this."
"I have tested your brain in ways you don't even know"
"I could lose my job"
"You could get me into trouble"
"I wonder if this is like exposing yourself to a lover for the first time"
when should I come back? "tomorrow"
"at least you have that outlet"
"I don't do well with blurred boundaries"
"I meant everything I said."
"I would always be protecting you" (boy, did that one turned out to be quite the lie)
"Hypotheticals aside, unless you have already developed feelings for me, you can still be my therapist. You can help me through this," I said to him recognizing that he had neither confirmed not denied countertransference. But he said "I am no longer your therapist. I am not your therapist anymore."
These are just words and they could mean anything but as I confess some of his "boundary violations" now I wonder if I very unintentionally turned his grooming tricks into his own web of deceit with my instinctive defense mechanism and safeguards that stemmed from insecurity, muscle memory of protecting others, and a determined subconscious core value system?
I wonder which it is; scared little boy or master manipulator caught in his own gaslit trap? He did not get what he wanted from me so he is mad. A blue balls kind of mad.
Especially since I seemed so promising; playful, far too comfortable with boys, insecure, broken, and neglected, desperate for acceptance... and an unknowingly sexy little thing in my determined naivety.
and so I wonder; Blue-balled Boy or Frustrated Mastermind?
This is far too extreme for somewhere in the middle.
The pen is mightier than the sword, but is it more powerful than your dagger?

No comments:

Post a Comment