Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Itally

12/13/18 12:32 am Italian time
Italy is a bit like me.
It is crowded, full of people and old ideas and new ideas.
It is new and scary but old and traditional.
It is full of roundabouts.
…So many roundabouts
It is plain but beautiful.
It has mountains of adventure and oceans of mystery.
It is fast moving but slow to evolve.
It's full of carefully crafted but not always intentionally crafted things
and naturally beautiful things.
It has passion and energy but feels calm and collected.
And all of this has to live cohesively in one small nation.

It is exciting to be here and scary at the same time but I feel calm and at home as I usually do when I love myself enough to let me be me.
It is hard to communicate but that is nothing new. People think and do things differently than I am used to but that is a reality for me no matter where I am. I am not afraid of the people here because I don’t understand them exactly and they don’t understand me.
It is easier here to see that for what it is.
It may cause some discomfort, and some people will not be open to helping or being friendly, but that is okay because it is hard. However with those who are friendly and do try to help it is so nice and such an awesome experience as we get to participate in humanity at it’s best:
Despite language barriers, cultural and even racial differences people can find a way to connect and share warmth and friendship with each other.
It is a beautiful thing and part of why I love to travel. While some parts are hard and intimidating -and sleep is definitely disrupted- it is such an incredible adventure that will open your heart and your mind to new and beautiful ways of being if you embrace it for all that it is and allow it to.
I love Italy already and I am very glad to be here.

It is the healing journey of independence after the one with friends that in many ways broke us.

No comments:

Post a Comment