Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2020

The Pen.

Time is ticking. I am getting close. Today I actually called DOPL. I have been on the website and started filing a few times. 
At first I could not because I could not psychologically handle being invalidated to the next level. Knowing they held all the cards and the power and that they are the ones paying the the bills through their licensing fees I did not trust anyone would actually be looking out for me. Again. 
And that was too much for my fragile mental state. 
Now, I am strong. And that is not my concern. I know that if nothing happens it is because they are massively successful liars and deceivers and/or there is yet another deceptive and corrupt system that does not actually work for the people it is claiming to serve and help, but rather it works for money and follows the same patterns of corruption, ego, and good-ol'-boy favoritism. If nothing happens, maybe I will be satisfied that I did all that I could or maybe I will take the fight even farther, fueling the fire of determination to speak out and stand up. 
I don't know... But it is looking to be what has to be done since all attempts to be treated fairly and with dignity, to reconcile and to be heard have been ignored. They refuse to acknowledge fault and have faulted me in very bad ways for their mistakes. Blaming, shaming, ostracizing.. So reporting is what I have to do. I have to to stand up for myself. I even have to to protect myself from their false accusations and threats. 
So why has it taken me so long? Why even still am I slightly reluctant?
Because I still hope... I want them to be what I once believed them to be and I would so much rather help them become that then have to report that they are as bad as they are and have been. 
I met this amazing girl at the BIAU conference yesterday. She was going by Jamie Mocrazy there. She used to be an amazing professional skier until she under-rotated on a big-air trick and caught an edge on the landing. She hit so hard her brain was bleeding in 8 different spots. She was in a coma for awhile, then could not speak English (her native language) for awhile, and was even partially paralyzed for awhile. But even with all of those things happening to her body, she did not want to believe she was sick or injured. She told the story of being in the hospital, not allowed to go home because she kept telling them she was in a movie about hospitals or she was in a hospital movie. 
She said when they asked why she thought that she would say, "because hospitals are for old people, sick people and injured people, and I am not any of those. And whenever you give me those shots in my legs I don't feel anything so I know they are not real. So I must be in a movie about hospitals." I loved how she told the story and I highly recommend finding her inspirational story, but my point here: some of us just have a hard time accepting the reality of our tragedy and we want to believe we are fine. 
And I am not all that different than those friends and family members who can't quite handle believing that our medical providers and institutions, our legal systems etc are really as bad as they really have been. I too want to believe that they would never hide, neglect, deceive and even victimize one of their patients. I also want to believe that they would work to honestly correct their mistakes and protect the patient. I want to believe in the good in them, not the truths of what happened that needs to be fixed but they refuse to even discuss. Every step in this process is a heartbreak and hope increasingly lost. But it is also a step towards my freedom and hope of a new kind. It is a step in a direction that is more likely to be beneficial to others than what I know to be true about how the Neuroscience Institute treats and mistreat people.
I have to keep moving and my direction ...the silence is dictating.  
Dear Jon.... 
time is running out. If you are a victim of circumstance trapped in a web of lies you never really meant to create, then please, please let us have a conversation. Let me help you before you burn yourself down by trying to burn me out. 
... I understand if it really was countertransference the reasons for it and what it really was. I understand the perceptions and judgements you face in admitting it. I understand the taboos you were facing and why may have wanted to let me believe things to be more than they were. I understand why this might lead you to behave unethically and unjustly towards me. I understand why you would be embarrassed and ashamed of me or by me. I understand the stigma's and prejudice, even the [irrational] fear of repercussion.  I understand that the problem(s) is(are) much bigger than you or I.
I can understand. 
However, your actions are not justifiable nor are they excusable. I am not a bad guy nor should I have ever been treated as such. And you really did nearly cost me my life by dismissing and denying the mania. 
I also know that the things you said, the way I was handled when I was trying to protect you, and then the continuation with the perpetuation of harm, never willing to allow for clarification, thus confirming and affirming the things you said that were manipulative, deviant, and/or careless; those thing that were destroying any chance for my brain to recover from the delusions of mania and the reality of my TBI that your institution never did an MRI to discover.... (the MRI's were done 12/19 at an IHC clinic, check them yourself)
These things need to be addressed. They need to be talked about. 
In my experience with you many significant problems within the medical industry and the fields of psychology came out. Problems that need to be brought to light, are coming to light and that need to be addressed. Problems that are causing significant harm to other people all over the world. 
Yet they are all problems that can be fixed and they are all problems that you and I working together could be a powerful force of positive changes in... You have to know this. If your mistakes with me were in anyway innocent, you know the power I am speaking of, and the likely reason for the magnitude of transference and countertransference that was experienced. I really did need you since I was 12. My existence validated you and your career in ways I doubt you fully understand and I think at that point in your life you needed that validation. And if you would let me help you that validation could take you a whole lot farther... Do you really see no potential? I know what you said was not true, or at least is not any longer. I've been on both sides of sanity and I know I really do understand the reality. Do you? Will you continue to deny it? 
 ...Time is running out, but I will not burn out. I am not what you tried to turn me into nor am I what you depicted me to be to others. 
Instead, I am worth being honest and fair with. I am worth saving and I am worth hearing, and I am worth standing up for and fighting for. And I am going to keep doing that. 
But I also believe that you are worth standing up for and fighting for too. Not the you that you only allowed me to see, and not the you that you turned into towards me, but the you that I knew, the you that I saw through to, and the you that I know you are capable of being. That you, I will fight for, even if -and maybe especially if- that means fighting against the you that caused harm, then perpetuated harm and created the web lies you are now all tangled up in. 
Which person will you be?
Sincerely,
Erica
...Too bad he is not likely to read this. If any reader of this would like to send it to him, you may and I hope that someone will

No comments:

Post a Comment