Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Possible alternative solutions

I do not have time at this moment to fully address this the way I'd like but after a friend mentioned the potential harm of relationships that don't follow that two year rule I'd like to address that. I do not condone the pursuing of relationships, especially sexual, outside of therapy when the relationship started there. But I do not think the black and white rule is the best, only or most healthy alternative. I  agree that barrier can and may be a safeguard in many situations, however the standard policy of instantly dropping the client with no communication about this, no admitting of attraction, and the taboo of it all is NOT good practice and may safeguard the grooming therapists, but they may be the only people those policies really help and protect.
I'll be back to say more later.
added 7/31/19
First alternative solution: basically the quickest way to kill fantasy is through reality. A conversation away from his place of practice, bringing him into my elements, like if he had taken me up on my offer to teach him snowboarding, would have broken the perceptions of perfection that I had when I was there trusting him so completely as my healing practitioner.
A conversation when I was not amidst the manic managing prior to taking my kids out of the country by myself was absolutely needed for me. But there was no negotiating it was his way, which was no way at all.
Second alternative solution: We both meet with a third party to clarify.
Third: He write a letter explaining his position and understanding of my condition. He kind of did this in email, but in the midst of covering his ass and protecting himself. He did not acknowledge the symptoms that suggested mania and more significant problems, even though they could not be denied by every other person in the industry I have talked to or been treated for about it -even if I was trying to convince them otherwise, thinking myself it must not be if Dr. He had missed it.

a few quick ideas... just to get back here and follow through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment