Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

the heart to try

 And then, somehow, I am Rosa Parks, aging and tired and done with being treated like a second class citizen when she finally says, "No. I will not accept this anymore."

Second class citizens. 

We are not. 

Inferior.

We are not. 

Chances given?

Too often we are not

because of our misunderstood attributes that people will judge us harshly for.

Acceptance and support given?

Too often we are not.

The same common courtesies  offered?

Very often, no.

These are the problems I wish to address. I wish to help change. 

But to do so, is to beat all the odds, because chances are not left to chance but rather left to those who are very often in the too-often-not camp.

It is a toll on my heart, everyday, trying to convince myself I have a chance and continuing down this path of odds so highly stacked against me. 

But I have to try. because this is not just about me. 

...And I don't want to be just about me. Especially when I know what I know. 

Please stay strong little heart 

and keep going. 

-Love, 

Your Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment