Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2019

Power Struggle?

He rubbed his right eye with his right middle finger
while listening to the song I played to help me express the feelings my mind was blocking me from  expressing
my transference feelings
the stuff that all the online research had told me I "should" discuss with my therapist
(and there it is that word "should" the mistake of my cherished golden map...)
The stuff that skilled therapists looked forward to as it meant their patient was ready to really start making progress.
Safe, trusted, responsible, skilled therapists
he was that to me... I knew he could help me
he was in the position of power
...but I was not willing to give that to him

There is something more to this story. 
How deep or diabolical it is I don’t know 
but I know that amidst the omens of gods and spirit animals 
it is not the time to drop a patient of psychotherapy 



No comments:

Post a Comment