Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2022

This is my fight song.

 "So many things are so screwed up right now," says my new carpool companion, "but there is nothing we can do about it," she adds.

"I'm trying anyway," I respond.

And I am. 

And you know what? It feels really good to be trying to and to be standing up for myself and others. I am working hard to be the change I wish to see in the world. I will keep working to help change the misconceptions, stigmas, mistreatment, etc. of very vulnerable, underrepresented, and misrepresented demographics of people.

We deserve fair treatment, respect, and equal opportunities. We deserve appropriate medical care and representation. We deserve equal access to education and equal protection of government, laws and courts. 

And it feels so much better to fight for it than to accept the degradation, prejudices, unfair and unethical treatment, and discrimination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment